A lot of foods and drinks get bad press for the harm they do to your teeth, or the effect they have on your breath. Think sweets, soft drinks and fish. But there are foods and drinks that do the opposite, and consuming them regularly can help clean and protect your teeth, and freshen your breath. They include:
- Xylitol chewing gum
- Probiotic yoghurt, milk and mature cheese
- Fresh fruits high in Vitamin C & fibre, such as apples, Kiwi fruit and strawberries
- Vegetables, such as raw and/or lightly steamed broccoli, carrots, celery, lettuce and cucumbers
- Green tea and herbal teas
- Fortified whole grains and other high-fibre foods
Remember! As beneficial as these foods are to your oral health, it is important to always maintain a good oral care and hygiene routine, and attend regular dental check-ups.